Our bumblebee friends make delicious honey. Did you know that they are also the most important pollinators in the echo system? We depend on these pollinators to transfer pollen between male and female flower parts. Their wing beating combined with their large bodies vibrates flowers until they release pollen, which is called buzz pollination. Buzz pollination helps plants produce more fruit.
Here are some more fun facts….
- Their wings beat at 130 times per second
- Bumblebees don’t die when they sting
- Bees are covered in an oil that makes them waterproof
- Bumblebees flap their wings back and forth rather than up and down
- The queen is the mother of all the bees in a colony
At High Touch High Tech, we believe in making learning FUN! We provide high quality instruction and thought-provoking science experiences for all.
Learn more about bees and their honeycombs by participating in our
HTHT @ Home Science Experiment: https://sciencemadefun.net/downloads/HoneycombConstruction_EOTD_April%2028th.pdf